SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lderidder

Anthology Canvas Zellige with Taj Mahal

Lori
9 months ago

Has anyone used Anthology Canvas Zellige as a backsplash with Taj Mahal? My cabinets are Brookhaven Nordic White with wood trim on hood. Do you think it would be too busy with the variation in the tile?

Comments (3)

• chispa
    9 months ago

More important is how it looks next to the white of your cabinets. We get lots of posts here were people are unhappy with a white backsplash that clashes with their white cabinets. The eye will be drawn to that mismatch ... if there is one.

Get some Alcolin Quake Putty on Amazon and use it to stick up samples on the wall, next to the cabinets.

Lori thanked chispa
  • chispa
    9 months ago
    last modified: 9 months ago

You'll get people here who say that you can only use Taj Mahal with a white plain tile and those people don't normally have a kitchen with TM! It really reads very muted once installed horizontally, specially if you have the lighter/cloudy variety versus the darker/stripped variety.

I've used TM in 2 kitchens and neither backsplash was plain white!

In my current kitchen I used this marble mosaic. The white background is a good match to my BM Chantilly Lace cabinets and the dark marble complements the brown veins in TM and my medium brown wood floors and ceiling beams.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    9 months ago

IMO wait until the kichen is installed including the counter then choose backsplash and wall color . Your lighting will have ahuge impact on these choices I loke all LED 4000K in kitchens so maybe start there .

Lori thanked Patricia Colwell Consulting
Sponsored
Maruca Design / Build
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Exceptional Residential Design and Remodeling Services in Fairfax