SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jdoylejr87

Miniature Gardenia Care

Irish Guy24 (6b)
10 months ago
last modified: 10 months ago

I'm not exactly sure the right forum for this, but here it goes. I received a miniature Gardenia last year as a sympathy gift. I consider myself having somewhat of a green thumb, but I have barely been able to get this poor thing to do much of anything other than live. Right now it's still in it's original pot, but I don't think there is much soil left other than the gravel it came with. It sucks up water and its leaves looks nice and green and glossy for two or so days before they look dry and start to yellow again (probably again because there isn't much soil in the pot). It buds, but they dry up and fall off. It hasn't managed to flower once.

So, all that being said, what should I do here? 1-800 Flowers doesn't exactly have the best care tips. I'm assuming it needs to be repotted. What is the best soil medium to add? Any fertilizing tips? It's a beautiful little tree and I'd hate to have it die a slow death. Any help is appreciated! I'll attach some pictures here so you can see what I'm dealing with. Thank you!

Comments (3)