SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ang_nc_7b

I could really use a gardening pep talk

Ang NC_7B
10 months ago

It's been a very frustrating week in the garden. I knew I needed to hop on here and hear from my rose group friends for comfort, because my husband certainly doesn't understand and he just keeps saying stupid stuff that makes me even sadder even though I know he is just trying to help. Here comes some venting:

Critters. Moles! Chipmunks! Squirrels! They're just ransacking everything right now. I have lost so many plants these last couple of weeks to them. I have some plants buried with wire caging to protect their roots, but I can't cage it ALL. And the foliage up top is getting eaten left and right as well. I spend so much time, money, energy, and love on my garden and to see it get destroyed is so incredibly disheartening. I guess I underestimated the woodland creatures that live around me here and I got too ambitious for my surroundings.

Between that and the terrible blackspot plaguing the roses this year more than any year in the past I'm so frustrated.

I'm having one of those moments where I'm wondering why I do all this and I think should just take up jewelry making or something instead. Gardening takes so much patience and resilience, and as much as I appreciate those life lessons I still have times that I want to scream and give up. Right now is one of those times.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio