SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
graywings123

Utility cabinet next to wall

graywings123
10 months ago

I’m working with a local kitchen design place. Cabinets are ordered and scheduled to be installed in a couple weeks. I am suddenly concerned about a utility cabinet that will butt against a wall on the right side with only a ¾ inch spacer separating the cabinet from the wall.

The spec sheet for the cabinet shows the double doors extending beyond the cabinet, which – I believe – on the right side will not be possible due to the wall that extends 10 inches beyond the cabinet. In addition to the awkwardness of opening that door and hitting the wall with my hand, I’m concerned I am going to end up with dents from the door handles – upper and lower right side.

The spec sheet for a different cabinet calls for a large spacer when against a wall. So since such a caveat is not listed with this cabinet, maybe this somehow works out? l emailed my designer, who unfortunately for me, is on vacation.

I have not yet selected hardware. Is there any type that would be better for this cabinet than a standard pull?

Comment