SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jbrider2010

Kitchen Design Feedback

Looking for design feedback on a few points below, and any other improvement opportunities.

• Putting a wall of windows above the sink with no uppers - I think we'll use the island for cups & plates, and there seems to be plenty of other storage.
  • Location of refrigerator - I know this is not functionally ideal, but we have a pretty firm requirement that there will be no sink or cooktop in the island. So I think that leaves only that location for the fridge.
  • My wife would like one of those 2-drawer Fisher Paykel drawer dishwashers + a standard dishwasher. Should the drawers be in the DW1 spot? Or DW2?
  • Trash to right of sink vs. in island behind the sink?
  • Stainless or paneled refrigerator? We have 8ft ceilings and I don't want the 48" refrigerator/columns to look too big. My gut says paneled. Two different renderings below. Thinking either 30+18in columns, or the 48" SZ french door.
  • Induction cooktop vs. induction range - leaning cooktop + double ovens.
  • Double ovens with microwave above vs. microwave drawer somewhere in the island. The microwave on the stack will be at about 5'. Not a problem for my wife or I to reach.
  • 2'6" from the cooktop to the ovens stack. I thought a little closer would be nice, but seems like the best way to design the wall is to push those to the end.

Comments (9)