SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
westes

How to Secure a Paver Block Against Street Curb

westes Zone 9b California SF Bay
11 months ago
last modified: 11 months ago

I need to build a retaining wall that is only about 10 inches high right at the street curb. Standard garden edges made of plastic are a non-starter due to lack of height. I also need something that people getting out of cars at the street can step on without damaging the retaining wall. I can probably get by with a hefty stone wall block built to just one level, and not need to invest in building a base for this. The soil on the home side of the wall acts to retain the block. But what do I use to prevent the black from leaning forward toward the street? Does anyone make a miniature t-post that I could sink down 12 inches into the soil at the curb and then have a few inches poking up from the bottom in front of the stone to act as a retaining force and prevent the block from tilting toward the street? What's the best way to solve this problem?

Conditions: I don't want to pay a mason for a real stone wall. I need 10 inches only. I don't want to invest in a multi-block system, which requires time to excavate and build a base for the blocks. I want to just but some hefty stone blocks and with minimal excavation set them in place. If they need to be reset later no big deal. I am doing this for about 50 feet in front of the house.

Comments (16)