SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
latuso

Help with my Hawaiian Ti Plant

latuso
11 months ago
last modified: 11 months ago

Hello,My Hawaiian Ti is relatively new. I transplanted it about a month ago into a larger pot using a peat and perlite mix. It was in a heavy pot when I bought it so it was very hard to transplant on my own. I imagine it stressed the plant quite a bit. I read that they can take full sun, which is why I bought it for my patio. It gets morning and mid afternoon sun. The leaves are now yellowing and the burgandy is coming through the yellowing as spots, a lot like spider mites but I can't seem to find any sign of mites. I would like to post a picture but can't see where on this page I can do that so I hope my description of the leaf will suffice. The PH is right between 6-6.5 which I read was what it needs to be at. I also water with distilled water. I live in Costa Mesa, Ca which is in Southern California. Is this caused by the sun? It is mostly leaves that are on the top or sides of the plant but the spots are what are confusing me. Should I move to a shadier spot? It is a very large plant. I had to have it delivered so am trying hard to save it. It came from Home Depot who are famous for having spider mites as most of my houseplants from there have been covered in mites. I am a plant lover and do my homework but can't find anything about this particular issue. Any help would be appreciated and I will send pics if I can figure out how! Thank you in advance for your help!

Comments (2)