SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stiley

Exterior paint colors

stiley
11 months ago
last modified: 11 months ago

Hi, this is our little rental house, and it's time for it to be painted and other outside maintenance. It's in an eclectic neighborhood in Central Austin, so I want to have a little bit of fun with the colors but also have it look tidy. I've posted a couple of inspiration photos for colors. Could anyone give me a head start of BM colors to get samples of? The roof hasn't reached the end of its life yet so we need to work with it; it's a light gray color. I think we have a box of leftover shingles, so I can take one with me to the paint store.

Do you think the shutters are original to the 1950s house? I've been on here long enough to know that you'll tell me to remove them since they're too small to be functional.

We're also going to refresh the landscaping--remove the overgrown bushes and put in xeriscape options. There's no sprinkler system, and we have renters here, so things kind of need to survive on their own. I'm thinking about Mexican feather grass and similar, but if anyone has ideas, I'd love to hear them.

This is our house:

We like the colors of these houses. Does anyone have specific BM colors I should try to achieve these looks?

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus