SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
khoa_nguyen853

Ideas to stop water from spray head from going out of curbless shower

Khoa Nguyen
10 months ago
last modified: 10 months ago

We’re close to finish our first big project, curbless shower, but now running into a potential big problem with water shooting out too far from spray head and spill to the opposite wall where there will be no drain (arrow direction).

What I’m thinking of doing now is to add a shower door perpendicular with middle of the window where the design slope starts, but very unsure how esthetic it would look where the window will now be divided in half.

Looking for suggestions or any alternatives that would save us from killing our budget and retaining the shower we dream about :(

*Edit 1: to further clarify, the whole floor and walls were waterproofed. The floor from middle of window toward the drain was sloped (floor joint reduced and reinforced with 2x6 prior to mortar bed which itself was sloped).

What we didn't anticipate was the shower spray would go pass the start of the slope to where isn't much of a slope (the other direction).

Edit 2: as one person suggested, i think i will be adding enclosure door perpendicular from middle of window. Will definitely add to the cost but will give me a piece of mind down the road.

Edit 3: Any suggestion how i can further water proof that window trim? The window area was where a tub used to be.

Edit 4: Thank to all for suggestions, I have contractor coming back tomorrow reassess and redo.

Comments (25)