Houzz Logo Print

What is this piece of needlework?

7 months ago
last modified: 7 months ago

I purchased this lovely needlework at a thrift store recently. The material is felted wool. The shape is unusual as the top is narrower than the bottom. I am wondering about its function and origin. It looks like the year 1916 and initials are stitched near the top center. It is a pretty piece, and I would like to know more about it. What do you think? For some reason I cannot see the photos in this post unless I click on the box with the question mark.

Comments (32)