SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_240826488

How to bring Spanish/Med/SW style to a boxy siding front facade?

EV Wallis
12 months ago
last modified: 12 months ago

Hi! The vertical siding that now clads only the front facade of my house is in bad shape and I have to replace it. But my city will only allow "like for like," meaning I can only put more vertical siding on, even though the other three surfaces of the house are stucco. Sigh.Can anyone think of what I can do short of an expensive remodel to make the vertically-sided (ugh) front more in keeping with a Spanish or Mediterranean or Southwest style? A paint color or accessories or accents? Should the new siding match the creamy white original stucco on the rest of the house or should I go bold and/or different?A few more deets: this was my grandfather's house (been in the family since 1947). It's a small 1926 Spanish or Mediterranean revival bungalow, which is still obvious on the inside but not from the front. This is due to work that was done in the 1960s that required relocating the front door and creating a small entry hall where a fireplace and chimney once stoodAs mentioned, the other three exterior stucco walls are original and currently a creamy white. The fascias and wrought iron accents are dark brown. The window frames are brown metal and I don't think would take paint. Exterior light fixtures are black. The only features I really like are the bright green front door and the brick and tile front steps. Cheers!

Comments (11)