SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mhorseman

Accent color cohesion throughout house or change/lighten?

I have begun adding elements of bold color and accent colors throughout my house and am embarking on another few rooms. Is it okay to continue using very few similar colors, OR do I need to soften them (while keeping in same color family) so as to not use the same color too much?

For example: I have a dramatic fireplace painted in Kendall Charcoal, and accent wall in the bonus room upstairs in KC and a two tone wall in the neighboring playroom of KC and white. My separate office has two tone cabinets with forward light gray and Gauntlet Gray -similar to KC - on the back panels.

My dining room is painted in Calligraphy - deep blue - and my small kitchen island is in an even darker blue navy in Poppy Seed. I want to paint my hutch in the kitchen a color like the fireplace, but again too much of that deep charcoal color already used? Then move to my powder bath, I’d love to pop that super deep navy to the ceiling. Or should I bring in a lighter maybe green blue, to switch it up? See the trend?…. All my swatches pair nicely together, but the last thing I want is every room to have a “oh here comes that same bold color again”…. Unless of course that’s not the way it would read? Pictures for some examples around our house.

Comments (2)