SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ideasathome

Exterior paint color with orange brick and sandtone windows

A T@Home
11 months ago

Hello! We are undertaking several projects this summer and I am trying to figure what color to paint the exterior of the house. The house is currently painted all one color and I am debating painting the trim and siding different colors.

Brick is an orange/peach tone. Roof is gray with some variation in color. Windows are Andersen Sandtone (I would say they are taupe). Roof and windows are staying. I think the trim around windows needs to be Sandtone color. So I am thinking the painted rough-sawn trim at gutters, eaves, corners, and around windows would be Sandtone color-matched color, and the body/siding would be another color.

Should we paint the siding a different color than the trim? If so, what? Lighter than the windows/trim? Darker than the windows/trim?

The way the house sits on the lot shows mostly the garage side on approach. Garage doors need to be replaced. Debating a contrasting color for the garage doors like a bronze? We would paid front door the same color but you don't really see them at the same time unless you step way back so they really are two separate elements on the house. Or we keep the garage doors the siding or trim color to not draw attention to them any more.

Sorry the photos aren't the best. It's not easy to step back and get good photos of the house. Some photos are from when we bought the house 8 years ago. Sadly, the more rough looking photos are recent (we replaced half the windows to match the newer Andersen windows that were on the house when we bought it, and replaced two patio doors on the back of the house). It really needs some paint.

Any initial thoughts or paint scheme ideas is greatly appreciated. Need to get things painted soon. Thank you!

Oh, landscaping is on the list of things to do too...Likely a major overhaul to remove overgrown trees in the front that block the house and are tearing up the cement walkway and driveway...

And deck...and...it never ends...

Original real estate photo when we purchased the house. Windows on front were old with a fresh coat of paint. We eventually replaced them to match the Andersen windows that were installed on the other half of the house.

Current photo

Original photo of back of the house. Deck was deteriorating, so we removed part to replace patio doors and surrounding trim. New deck goes on this some but I want to paint first.

Current photo after patio doors and trim replaced. Anderson Sandtone color on doors ad windows stay.

Windows and patio doors are Sandtone.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Carl Williamson Designs, LLC
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Nationally Acclaimed Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz