SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dawn_martinez

Tuscan Kitchen...a little help.

Dawn Martinez
last year
last modified: last year

We moved into this house almost two years ago. I've never really been in love with this kitchen, yet it's functional, the cabinets are well made and the style is in keeping with the home itself. I'll add some exterior photos as well. The kitchen was redone by the prior owner and apart from replacing the dishwasher and refrigerator (which is in fact counter depth, but pulled out a bit to avoid the rock wall...which the prior owner added); I've not really done anything to it.

I did paint the entire home upon move in, it was a faux finish, slightly gold...everywhere. The walls are nice and hand troweled with enough texture on their own; so, I painted the entire home SW Greek Villa, and the ceilings high reflective white I believe. Also I've added roller shades (one kitchen window faces west). The windows now need a small valance to match the shades. I do have fabric that matches, I just to have someone make the valance to cover the hardware.

I would like to ask about painting the wood trim around the windows to match the walls; would you do that? Currently the trim sticks out like a sore thumb.

Would you remove the ceiling fan? Or change it out?

The bar stools came with the house, I'm thinking of keeping them but recovering the seats, I could also spray the metal to be darker? Or new bar stools?

And lastly, I really want to replace cabinet pulls and knobs. Current hardware photo below.

Bistro Collection

I'm thinking of Bistro from Restoration Hardware in bronze, or The Dakota in chestnut ( I prefer the darker pewter, but the knobs only come in two colors, with the chestnut looking like a better color match).

Dakota RH

At this point I'm not thinking about a new backsplash, because the corbels under the hood are anchored into the tile. But recommendations are welcome.

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

Comments (188)