SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jojoco_gw

Update: Kitchen opinions needed.

jojoco
last year
last modified: last year

We're in the home stretch on the kitchen facelift. Everything is painted and the cabinet doors and drawer fronts will be installed on Thurs. I love it, but...

The area for the plates is white. The plates are white and the effect isnt as charming as I was hoping for. I think I have the answer, but wanted to hear what you all think. Here is a quick snap of the plates (on a trial run)

See what I mean? I'm wondering how it would look if I painted that area between the plate rack and the ceiling the same color as the trim?

What do you think? And if I do paint it (I am planning on doing it tomorrow), then what finish should I do? The cabinets are a satin sheen (just a bit of shine.)

***Update***

The samplize painted sheets arrived today. They are the exact same shade of the trim and cabinets (BM White Cloud). I put them on the wall to see how the plates worked with them. I think it is a good solution. Per the cabinet painter, I'm going to get the same satin sheen as the cabinets. I'm going to paint on Sunday.

(White Cloud on left/ Lavender (I mean "white" on right)

Hard to tell here, but IRL, it looks warm and even a bit cottagey.

Comments (41)