SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hscissokho

Door and trim color with cedar siding?

hscissokho
last year
last modified: last year

We bought an older house a couple years ago and just had it power washed ahead of re-staining. I plan to use a semitransparent stain for the siding and keep it a pretty classic cedar color (probably Valspar Cedar Naturaltone or Simply Cedar) but I'm struggling with what colors to use for the garage and front door, the trim, and the decks. Right now the decks are an underwhelming shade of brown, the trim around the roof is a redish brown, the garage doors are a red tone, and at some point we toyed with painting the front door a blue/green but didn't like it with the garage door colors and never finished! I think I'd like the garage doors and front door to compliment one another but I'm stuck on colors. There is also a very large deck along the back side of the house. Help! (Also note, I think it may be hard for some of these surfaces to go lighter, not impossible, but not easy peasy). TIA!

Updates! The roof was wet in the first few pics - it was raining. I added a few pictures of the back of the house to show the large currently brown painted deck. Yes - the pictures are of the house AFTER power washing. Thanks for all the great feedback and suggestions so far!

Comments (13)