SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dlm2000

Who's up for a challenge (or two)? Ta DAH!! Update

DLM2000-GW
last year
last modified: 11 months ago

A while back I picked up this console table on FBM to paint for our bedroom.

THIS IS NOT IN YHOUSE - THAT IS THE SELLER'S WALL COLOR

Turns out the original paint was done over quite a bit of a spackle-like material to create texture and cover sins of construction. A lot of sanding ensued and cr@ppy little piece that it is, is almost ready for paint . So be it - it will work for what I want. I could paint it in Timid White which is what my nightstands are painted with but that seems safe and boring. And timid.

I have a rug of many colors for inspiration and would like to work with the greens that are in it. Hopefully you can see there are 2 main greens in the rug and similar in the fabric if you zoom in. Want a slightly dirty green, not too dark, not too light, not too bright. Pulled a bunch of strips from paint decks I have, some I've eliminated immediately but I see more than a few possibilities.

Any of the greens stand out to you as the one?

Same paint strips but this shows the fabric better.

I use 2 of those fabric pieces as casual curtains which are only closed when the full moon shines in my face at night. Bought at World Market ages ago and they have deep meaning for me. Can't remember how they were sold originally - maybe shawl/scarf? If I could find them again I would buy more but no clue how to attempt a search.

Oh and these are the new drawer handles.

Warning - I am not Sueb and this will not be done today. Or tomorrow.

Comments (54)