SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_919875142

Closet design not functional, any advice?

Diana Robles
last year
last modified: last year

I have been struggling with my closet since we moved in and finally decided to try to do something about it. We don’t have tons of storage and the one we do is just not functional :(

The closet is 41”x76” which isnt the worst, it has the standard hanging pole with shelf above it but the problem is the door is placed all the way to the left of the closet leaving more than half of the hanging clothes facing the wall to the right (i cant walk into the closet fully, its not a walk in closet). i cant reach the clothes at the end of the closet. any ideas on how i can utilize this space better? should i remove the pole and install shelving to the right? or find some kind of closet system i can quickly assemble? l’ve even thought of adding drawers or other piece of furniture in there but just not sure where exactly to place them, any tips would seriously help, i have just gotten so frustrated since its the only true closet in the house.

Ideally, the solution would be to have a wider door opening but i cant do any major renovations at the moment.

Comments (9)