SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lori_rees

I need guidance on tile backsplash for kitchen

Lori Rees
last year
last modified: last year

I have a design dillema regarding tile backsplash.

Cabinets are white shaker. (In this photo only the upper cabinets are installed)

The countertop will be quartz in EVEREST

The wall paint is Offshore Mist by Behr.

My husband and I liked a striated glass tile that we saw in Home Depot. It's white/cool tones/blues and grays. I am thinking it might be too busy next to the Everest Quartz.

Can you give me some advice on tile backspash? I want subtle . I want it to "blend". I've enclosed some photos of the glass tile sample we picked up and some photos of a "misty blue" glazed ceramic tile and another glass tile.

Paint: Behr Offshore Mist

Marin 2.5" x 5" Ceramic Wall Tile in Misty Blue. It also comes in 2.5 x 10 https://www.bedrosians.com/en/product/detail/marin-tile/?itemNo=100003171

Our new countertop has been measured and will be installed in coming weeks. It's quartz and called Everest.

My kitchen cabinets and paint. In this photo only the upper cabinets are installed. In this photo there is a sample of the striated glass tile up against the wall.

Everest Quartz with Malta Cliffs glass tile in the showroom. Both look darker and tile more blue in this photo. If this file isn't loading, try clicking on it.

In person the tile looks more like this. Mostly white and bright.

This is a different but similair tile sample I found on the internet. It's called Misty Fjord.

I like the transclucence of glass tile but not sure if this striated type will be too busy. Would you go for a ceramic tile or should I try to find a solid glass tile that will match my paint? Thanks for any advice.

Comments (15)