SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zazako

Best technique to apply a map to a tabletop

zazako
last year

Hello, I have an RV that we are renting out as a short term rental. I would like to install a map of the area on the dinette table, like so:

I know there are many different ways to get this look and I would love some advice on which technique would work best for our situation, given these parameters:

- The tabletop the map is going on has rounded edges

- This is the only table in this space, so it will be regularly used to for eating/playing games etc, though less for kid-related activities like homework or art projects.

- My husband insists that whatever technique we use, that it doesn't damage the tabletop so that we can eventually remove the map if we want to resell the RV.

- The RV is stationary and not going anywhere soon, so the table will stay deployed all the time (as opposed to being stowed away for driving). However the tabletop still needs to be secure and not slide around.

I have looked into glass tops, epoxy finishes, polycarbonate tops, peel-and-stick plastic sheeting, clear vinyl 'tablecloth' cut to size, and I would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions!

Thanks!

Comments (18)