SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nfreckle

Help with large office window treatment

nfreckle
last year

I'm replacing the window treatment on an office window of our new condo. (Photo is from the listing and the furniture is now different but the desk placement is similar.) The large window looks out at the courtyard and beyond to the street. I work from home and love the light that comes through the east-facing window in the daytime; however, I want privacy a night as well as a light-blocking feature from the courtyard's bright lighting fixtures.

Currently, the floor-to-ceiling curtains (as seen in photo) are clunky: my desk is pressed up against them (it's a small space), and I have plants on my desk that enjoy the light but don't like being tossed around each time I open/close the curtains. When they're open and stacked up (like in the photo), the curtains need to be tucked behind the dog bed and file cabinet on either side of my desk. Roman shades also seem a bit clunky for this large window (about 84" wide). Solution ideas? Perhaps a light-blocking roller shade with some sort of decorative element that doesn't get caught in my plants? My style is clean lines and simple design. Walls will be white and carpeting replaced by hardwood floor with thin rug. All suggestions and photo ideas appreciated!

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville