SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_858647138

My new hand tool

rosaprimula
last year

http://www.blackberrylane.co.uk/homi.html

I love a hoe, but being short-sighted and dithery, The long-handled, viciously sharp knives-on-a-stick does come with risks (to my plants). A really good short-handled onion hoe has been my most useful tool, along with my hori-hori and secateurs. However, too many seasons of being left outside has done for my little hand hoe - the handle had diminished to a stub...until my eldest introduced me to the ho-mi.

My God - this is a revelation. I am not really a mulcher because there is never enough space between the plants, so the continual removal of chickweed, creeping charlie, goosegrass, fat hen etc. is my most onerous task at the allotment where weeds are always going to prevail (in their millions). So, for a very modest outlay, I am looking forward to this weekend which is, coincidentally, Mother's Day, so all my offspring give up a day to clear up the allotment with me. We can clear both plots in a sustained group effort...and with 2 ho-mis on the job, I will report back (and cos the offspring are more competent than I, there may even be photos).

For fans of hand-tools, have a look at one.

#shinyprettystabby.

Comments (11)