SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carolbrandywine

ASAP - Meeting with my GC: Does this look bad to you too?

Kendrah
last year
last modified: last year

Meeting with my GC within the hour. My GC's tile installer began yesterday on the back wall of our tub. I am very concerned about the gaps on the ends near the corners where the back wall will meet the side walls. My apartment building is from 1938 and I get that the walls are not going to be totally plumb and that there will be some slanting to the installation. However, I don't understand why they wouldn't cut the tile all the way to the corner.

When I texted the project manager about this with pics he said "Those gaps will be filled with thin set and when the other walls are tiled you won't be able to see them."

Is this true? What should I do? I'm meeting with the project manager soon and words of wisdom would be appreciated.

Please don't just tell me to run and get another installer. (You can but also add what a remedy could be with this installer.) Getting workers in our building is complicated, involves a lot of insurance and red tape and finding a new installer will hold up our entire project and I don't want my GC to pack up and put my project on the back burner while I search for an installer of my own.

Comments (21)