SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crick55

Help!! I really need recs for a countertop pairing!!t

crick55
last year

Hope some of you talented people can help me with this. Somehow our decision to buy a new fridge ended up with a total gut job, right down to the studs. We have a beautiful Blue Lemurian (labradorite) granite slab for our new island but opposite the island there will be a long counter that contains a stainless apron sink and a 48” stainless range. We want to top that counter with something other than the Blue Lemurian. Originally we thought we’d use a black, sparkly granite (Black Galaxy) but it just doesn’t look good. Too dark and shiny and too much motion in the pattern of the slabs we have seen. There will be a blue green tile on the wall (vertical subway) running right down to the counter. There is a large gray tile on the floor and all the appliances are stainless. The cabinets are a mix of glossy white and hickory with a matching horizontal grain.

The question is — what to top the counter with? There is so much more green in the Lemurian now we have seen the slab in natural light that we are thinking maybe a green soapstone? More stainless? A leathered gray granite? I am kind of at a loss and since we thought this was already decided, the clock is ticking. Anyone have any bright thoughts about this? Thanks muck!

Comments (93)