SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gerdyp

Update: Asking for help with wall color for my newly renovated kitchen

gerdyp
last year
last modified: last year

I’m excited to share my ALMOST finished renovated kitchen. This project took about two years to complete. Reason being my husband built the cabinets. It was well worth the wait because they turned out beautiful! The drawers are full pull and soft close, and the cabinets are now 14” deep and have soft close hinges as well. A trash pullout was added. We removed the bulkhead and took the cabinets to the ceiling, which makes the room feel bigger. The new overhead lighting is an awesome addition which I utilize a lot. Another change for me is the single bowl sink. There will be no going back to a double bowl sink for me, ever. I also wanted a 36” range. DH suggested getting rid of the useless corner cabinets and placing the range in their place. I said brilliant! There was no storage lost in doing this but actually gained. Just as he thought he was done building cabinets, I came up with my own brilliant idea and asked him if he could build six more for a butler pantry. There was a small corner pantry where the butler pantry is located now. A small bathroom was turned into my fabulous new walk in pantry. This kitchen makes me so happy I can’t stay out of it!

For the color experts out there, I need to ask your help in picking a paint color to finalize this renovation. I’m not thinking white because there would be no contrast with the window trim and pass through window shelf. The cabinets are BM Stone Hearth. My thoughts on color have been leaning to a different shade of taupe (don’t know if it should be lighter or darker), or a gray with a touch of blue, or maybe a griege? The double windows face west so lots of afternoon sun. My husband did such a wonderful job and I want to choose the right color that will work harmoniously and pull everything together. I welcome your thoughts on whether my color picks are the right direction to go.

Comments (38)