SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kmcol88

Another help me with countertops post - updated

Marie
last year
last modified: last year

Updated - I have narrowed down my choices to two possibilities and would love help solidifying my decision. The two options have vastly different looks and feels in the kitchen and I am at the point where I am second guessing myself..

Option 1 - Soapstone perimeter and blue river marble island (leathered)

Option 2 - fantasy brown perimeter (leathered) and soapstone island

Original - I need to stop swirling with indecision and make some choices. I have dreamed of soapstone (or honed negresco granite) for the perimeter with a marble island top. However I have messy kids and we do all the things in the kitchen that can stain marble. It’s just not practical for this phase in my life.

The easiest thing is to just do the soapstone for island too but I want some contrast and something a little lighter for the center of the kitchen. Almost all of my inspiration photos are marble islands! I’m getting so nervous that I’m going to choose something I end up regretting.

Has anyone paired soapstone with quartz or granite? Can you share yours? I am heading back to the stone yard this week and would like to have some on my list to take a look at.

(I know what works in one home may not work in mine, but I just want a starting point of what others have seen or done that looks nice together.)

Comments (48)