SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cosmera

New flooring for kitchen with honey oak cabinets. Updated examples

cosmera
last year
last modified: last year

I took a new view after reviewing some of the posts. I think we all agreed the Alder was too dark. I also believe the flooring should run lengthwise rather than width. The first flooring is Beaumont, with two kitchen views. The second is Beckham. If I would go with Beckham, I would likely paint the center island a soft white similar to the backsplash and countertop. What are your thoughts on flooring selection and any wall color advice? This flooring will go throughout the entire main floor.

My honey oak engineered hardwod floors are worn and need to be replaced. I had considered painting my kitchen cabinets white, but realized I would have to paint the columns, the built-ins and the fireplace in the family room along with all the trim and windows, and would break my budget. I will be painting the interior accessible beige, manchester tan or balboa mist.

I like the lightness of the Beckham Honey, but am afraid I will regret it as it is so close in color to my current oak floors.

This is the kitchen before I painted and replaced appliances and counters several years ago.

Attached is a photo of my countertop. The first flooring and there are several floor choices downloaded onto a photo of my kitchen.

Anthem Alder - the photo is a bit more red than it is in person. The photo below is a more true representation.

Augustine Walk

Beckham Honey

Golden Isle.....maybe too grey with the countertop?

Thank you in advance for your input!!!

Comments (5)