SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kayyagari

Tile vs solid surface for shower curb

Kami A.
last year

I am driving myself insane over this. My new bathroom will mostly be bedrosian magnifica in calacutta ora in large 24x48 and is gorgeous. I have custom cabinets coming that are an almost bm white dove color and Pompeii pure quite quartz countertops. its a lot of white and matching them has been tedious to say the least. My contractor dropped off samples for the shower curbs and they dont match at all. I tried to source some others from another company but it also doesnt match. So at this point these are my options. 1. Reduce my 8in. and 10in. tall bathroom backsplashes and use that for the curbs. 2. Buy more of my wall tile and use that as backsplash again leaving me with curb material, however, my contractor advises against using tile for a splash as he says its not water tight. 3. Use my large scale tile with bullnose for the curb. The bullnose are 3x24 so there would be grout lines but not so many. Also i don’t like schluter at all because the color of the tile doesn’t match even close so it super obvious.

My goal is to not introduce another color/material. Would a tile backsplash or shower curb be that bad? Help!?

Comments (12)