SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cccba321

Outdoor trash can placement with grass

We are building a new house and are thinking about putting the trash and recycling bins (covered) on the opposite side of the house as the driveway. On that side it will be out of the way visually and that is a side where we won’t be “living”. Our lot is a narrow urban/suburban piece of land. The one car garage is not large enough for trash storage and a car.

Here is the question: We would have to roll the trash and recycling out to the curb once a week for pickup. If it is on this side of the house, we would be wheeling the bins through grass. Is it hard to roll trashcans through grass? Will it tear up the grass? Do you have experience rolling the trash through grass?

Other options would be putting in some type of hard scape to get to the curb. The problem is zoning laws. We can only have so much of the ground covered so we don’t really have the square footage available for that. I think gravel could be permeable. Either way, pavers or gravel, I’m not sure that’s a look I would want all the way to the curb anyway.

Looking for ideas, but mostly wanting to know about rolling bins over grass (50ft). Thanks!

Comments (7)