SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_17885476634

Exterior aluminum siding vs stone

Edy
last year
last modified: last year

Taking a final look at our exterior plan with our GC before we order brick. There seem to be some efficiencies to be found by replacing the 3 areas below of aluminum "wood" cladding/sliding with brick or stone. (one less sub, high cost for one small order of cladding, etc)

Also, some of the more experienced subs on this projecg have voiced that while aluminum siding has a long life, nothing is sealed as well as brick/stone mortared together and that option is the most lasting and low maintenance option.

My questions are:

1. Any thoughts on what else might look good here if I were to explore other options? Does anyone have any suggestions for what they think would look nice outside of the aluminum siding ? I could just do all brick as well but fear it might look very boring and grey washed.

2. Has anyone had any issue with this kind of wood printed aluminum siding ? I see that a lot of this type of stuff that went up in the last few years in our neighbrohood is peeling already but it doesnt neccesarily look like it was aluminum either. Any input here would be super helpful. This stuff is backordered in our area as well so if you know where to find it in the Chicagoland area I am all ears!

MANY THANKS!!

Comments (15)