SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bbstxx

Thomas Keller Zucchini a la social media

bbstx
last year

Has anyone else tried any of the recipes for Thomas Keller’s recipe for zucchini that are currently flooding social media, specifically Instagram? I loath zucchini but for some reason decided to give the Keller recipe a try tonight. Not bad.

The recipe is, more or less:

Pre-heat oven to 450. A zucchini or two, cut in half lengthwise then scored diagonally. Salt well and let sit for 20-30 minutes. Blot the moisture from the cut side of the zucchini. Heat 1/4 cup of oil to shimmering stage in a skillet. Place zucchini in oil face down. Cook 5-6 minutes. Place skillet in oven for 5 minutes. Turn zucchini and cook another 5 minutes.

At this point, a lot of people do a lot of different things. I sprinkled TJ’s quatro fromaggio over it. Here’s one that looked good but was more trouble than I wanted to deal with https://www.instagram.com/reel/CnxzTMav0jm/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

For someone who hates zucchini, it wasn’t bad. It is very soft (as the social media peeps say, ”it is pillowy”). I object to zucchini because usually it squeaks when you bite into it. With this method, the squeak is gone.

Fresh out of the oven.

Comments (24)