SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
samohtep

Need help with “Porch” planning

samohtep
last year

While the ice and snow keep us trapped inside for a few more months, I’m planning out some projects for the spring. We just completed construction and moving in during the early Fall, so we haven’t put thought to landscaping or outdoor seating. Long term (a few years) we will be installing a wooden deck at the height of the flashing, but for now, we’ve had the dirt pitch graded away from the house, put down some landscape fabric and several inches of gravel in a border aroudn the house to keep down the mud and weeds, and give us a solid path around the house. I’m looking for options for how to arrange the gravel porch with a small seating area, and a more welcoming entry. The overhand is roughly 7ft for some dimension and each wall of thr bunch out is around 6ft wide.

I’ll be building better stairs with a landing at the top in the Spring as well, these were just to get us through the C of O process. The front hasn’t really been used as an entry, but we’d still like to better decorate it. These photos are from the Fall while I was putting down the stone.

Comments (5)