SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pattyinpowell

Bathroom remodel starting with vanity choice

pattyinpowell
last year

Our primary bath will be undergoing a major remodel within the next few months. The layout will be changed since we will be removing the ridiculously huge corner jet tub which will enable us to expand the vanity area and shower. About the only thing that will not be changed are the doors, door hardware, and door color which is an eggshell white. While I hate the doors (and am also not overly fond of the paint color) they run throughout the entire 3,500 sq. ft. house.

We chose our contractor because they are a small family business of artisans and have a network of trusted resources. However, that leaves us with limited choices for the semi-custom wall to wall vanity that will sit opposite the entry and will be the primary focal point. We've narrowed those choices down to a medium gray (slightly greige) vanity, or an Amish built natural stain maple vanity. Vanity doors would be simple -- somewhat shaker style with a slight bevel.

We have a relatively large window in the bathroom and I want to keep it light and bright with light reflecting off a quartz countertop and possibly off the shower tile, but I think I want matte finish flooring. I'm considering large format (12 x 24) porcelain floor tile since I hate cleaning grout. (Who doesn't?) If we go with the gray vanity I would likely choose warm white tones for the shower tile and use natural wood accents such as open shelving, a stool, and some baskets.

I feel like a decision needs to be made about the vanity before I can choose anything else. Also, what we do during the bathroom remodel will dictate how we will update the primary bedroom. Any and all suggestions are welcome!

Comments (9)