SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ack7777ack

How tall should quartz backsplash be?

Anne K
last year

Hello all We finally decided to continue the quartz countertop material up to the backsplash There is a 10” wall space between the edge of the countertop thats behind the faucet and the bottom of the frameless mirror. i have only a sketch since that side of the wall is still bare.

Here is a photo of the quartz material that we have chosen for the countertop and backsplash. We’ve checked out the slab and the veining is not too pronounced which is what we preferred and decided on the orientation. The bathroom is 93” x 87” with the length of countertop on the 93” side.

My questions and choices are:

1. should we cover the entire 10” with the quartz material? if we do, do we put a trim right below the mirror and if so what types of trims are available for quartz? Most photos i have seen are trims for tile and since we plan to install a frameless mirror and the quartz is 3/4 thick, the mirror and backsplash wont be flush and the backsplash will jut out Won’t it look weird?

OR

2. I don’t like the look of a 4” backsplash, what about a 6” or 7” backsplash and leave 3” or 4” bare wall? This was suggested to me by my contracter to make the mirror appear ”floating” . i also see a lot of photos with this option. A trim will be needed for sure and again what types of trim are available?

We will be painting the wall thats above the frameless mirror and medicine cabinets which are not recessed Hope I provided enough info and appreciate any suggestions from pros or homeowners Pictures would greatly help too! Thanks!

Comments (6)