SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
svanflicka

Backsplash Help Please

svanflicka
last year

Hello everyone,

We're working with a designer, discussing kitchen backsplash options, and going for a traditional/classic look. While I love both options, I prefer the mosaic on the left, while my hubby prefers the plain white brick on the right.

The perimeter cabinets will be white, the island will be a moody, dark greenish/brown shade, and the countertop will be quartz - Trends in Quartz - Calacatta Lucia. Note that the paint colors will be tweaked. These are only approximations at this point.

My concern about the mosaic is that it may not be neutral enough to stand the test of time given the pain it is to change a backsplash. It's also challenging to picture it covering a large area, though the space between the upper cabinets and countertops is not that large. The range hood will be stained a medium brown to match the hardwood flooring, and the backsplash will be installed in the background of the range hood. My concern about the brick is that there may be too much white and not enough interest overall.

I would rather not need to change the backsplash down the line, if possible.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Comments (18)