SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
designnewbie44

Thoughts on these plans? 8x13 rectangular master bath - big enough?

KJMR 320
last year

Has anyone done a master bath with these dimensions? Have photos? We are redoing ours and have some play with the dimensions because we are also adjusting closets. I’m just wondering is 8x13’ a large enough space to feel worthy as a master bath? The attached picture is the bathroom layout. The blue space behind the vanity will be a walk in closet.

The main features we are including are 1. A large double vanity with plenty of storage and built in hidden power 2. Wall hung toilet 3. Large walk in curbless shower with partition entry 4. Large heated towel rack and 5. Heated floors.

We are forgoing the large soaking tub. We don’t take baths and we have a tub in our hall bath for bathing children. I also don’t think one would fit in the master without making the room feel cramped. I love freestanding but we definitely don’t have room for one.

We also aren’t building a separate water closet for the toilet. I know some people do, but I’m going for the look of big open space to make it feel like a larger room than it is. I hope that’s not strange!

Comments (12)