SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dirty_gardener

Got tired of decluttering the house, so worked on the courtyard

dirtygardener
last year

What a mess the courtyard always is in the winter! Leaves everywhere, plants going in and out with the weather, everything needing cleaning up and straightening out. I got so tired of it, I finally went out and cleaned out one side of it. Well, about 1/3 of it actually. It's the side that has few plants, just the little patio my son built and a storage spot back in the corner.

I have a habit of dragging things in from the trash that I think I can use in the garden, then finding out I can't use them. I threw a BUNCH of that out, then took everything else out into the yard, raked that side (it fills with oak leaves every fall), and organized it.

I still have a lot to do, but I have to wait on some of it, like power cleaning the porch and little patio, painting the table and chairs, etc. The big job is when no more freezing weather is predicted and I can take all the plants out, put them back in their spots out in the yard, then clean the rest of the space.

Was going to take pictures, but my tablet was dead, so I have to charge it first. Tomorrow, I have to repair the hose and take the few large plants in the house back outside, then water everything well.

It all looks so horrible now, but when spring hits, it will be gorgeous!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County