SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
a_remodeler

Need help matching engineered and solid hardwood

A
last year
last modified: last year

Most of our house is over a full basement, but the family room is on an uninsulated slab (older home.) I want to keep the look of the floor consistent so it all looks cohesive. I’ll be removing the ceramic tile in the foyer and replacing with 3/4” solid oak and I would like an engineered wood floor for the family room to match. The 3/4” solid oak will also run through the living room/dining room and all of the upstairs so I will need a lot of it. A few years ago I went to Lowe’s and picked up a sample of engineered wood that I really liked but has since been discontinued. What I like about it is that it is made in the USA and it clicks together with no glue and according to the installation instructions, no underlayment is required, although I would most likely use one anyway. I have been unable to find another engineered wood that is made in the USA; they all seem to be made in Asia. My flooring installer says that if I keep the solid oak at 5” wide or less, no glue will be required. Here’s a pic of the sample that I like.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County