SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alexandra_samuel

What to pair with a modern reclining sofa?

Alexandra
last year

We would like to replace our living room sectional with a pair of facing sofas; now that we have a screen & projector instead of a TV, we need to rotate our living room layout 90 degrees. (See attached photo of the layout we're aiming for, currently setup with pieces of our sectional; those bookcases are being converted to built-ins with sliding barn-door fronts.)

After testing many layouts and sofas, we have found a really fantastic reclining sofa (from King Living) that we plan to order in cognac-colored leather. But the problem is choosing a second sofa or daybed to go with it! The reclining sofa has a seat height of just under 19", so we want a sofa or chaise/daybed with a similar seat height. But we can't have anything with a back that is higher than 25" or it blocks the bottom of our projector screen.

Any thoughts on the style or type of sofa/daybed we should look for to match this sofa? So far the best options I've found are things like a Crate & Barrel Lounge Bumper, but I'm not convinced it will be the right match in style or function. Ideally I'd get something else from King so that I could match the leather upholstery but they don't have anything the right size.

I'm open to being talked out of the reclining sofa; it wouldn't be my choice aesthetically, but I've fallen in love with the reclining feature because I ALWAYS sit with my feet up, and when I use an ottoman, I end up slouching down so that I can get neck/head support. This recliner is insanely comfortable but we've also considered other options from King and from Natuzzi.

Thanks in advance for any advice! We tried hiring designers but they totally missed the mark so now I'm hoping to figure this out on our own.

Comments (6)