SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carol_digiacomo

Paint woodwork or leave it oak?

Carol D
last year
last modified: last year

I'm stuck in a 90"s kitchen with honey oak cabinets. I don't want to paint them since they are heavily grained. We've decided to work with what we have. This is a combo dining area and kitchen. We plan on taking down the chair rail and wallpaper and painting the walls with an olive green a little lighter than we have now. My question is would you paint the woodwork white to lighten things up a bit or keep the warm tones and leave it all oak? I feel like there is a LOT of oak in these two rooms. My biggest reason for not painting white is the large closet that takes up almost a whole wall. I'm wondering if it will make it stand out too much. I was thinking of maybe painting it the wall color so it just blended in. So, the woodwork in questions is all the baseboards, the 3 windows and the pantry closet door. Would love to hear any suggestions you may have. Also was thinking of adding hardware to the kitchen cabinets, either handles or knobs in either a black or oil rubbed bronze. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Comments (8)