SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thebrucemac

Caesarstone Black Tempal

Bruce Mac
last year

Wife and I are kicking off a kitchen update. I've read every thread on this site related to Black Tempal. Obviously a lot of concerning posts here with anecdotes of terrible post-sale support from the manufacturer, difficulty keeping it clean, smudges/fingerprints, chipping, etc. Alarm bells are going off and I am deeply disappointed to read these, because I LOVE the look and feel it's perfect for our kitchen. I think we're leaning towards moving forward with it and may potentially use it not only for our countertops and island, but our backsplash as well. Talking well over 100 square feet here.

Anybody here, be it Black Tempal owners or other Caesarstone owners, want to talk me out of it?

I've seen Tenax Quartz Toner mentioned several times on this site and read from at least one user that it does indeed help with minimize staining, reduces cleaning and makes the product slightly darker, which we're fine with (we've seen it in person). However, we've seen no before and after pictures. Anybody care to share some?

FWIW, we're a family of 5, but our kids are in high school and college. We are also very diligent with keeping our kitchen clean, regularly wiping down our existing Ubatuba granite (which I know is on the easy end of the scale for cleaning and maintenance).

We've looked at a TON of countertops samples, pictures, etc., but nothing has inspired us like this product, so I'm trying to do my best at due diligence here.

Thank you for your time and please advise.

Comments (26)