SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eld6161

Chit chat....Amy Robach and TJ Holmes

eld6161
last year

What do you think about this latest development?

Comments (19)

• Elizabeth
    last year

Not a race issue. It has to do with a morality clause that may/or may not be in their contracts,

eld6161 thanked Elizabeth
  • eld6161
    Original Author
    last year
    last modified: last year

I agree. All would be fine if both were long separated or divorced.

TJ seems to be a player.

This all became too much of a distraction. I feel sad for the kids involved. Amy doesn't have the best track record.

What happens now? She helped raise Andy’s kids for the past 12 years. Does she no longer have a relationship with them? Same for Andy and Amy’s daughters.

• lettersatoz
    last year

I didn't read the article, so I have no idea what the basis of that claim is, but it seems to me (at least from outward appearances) that GMA does a decent job at promoting diversity, as does ABC news in general, and I would assume it's parent co., Disney, does as well. Was there another couple of a different race that was in this same situation but were treated differently?

eld6161 thanked lettersatoz
  • maire_cate
    last year

Obviously I only know what has been covered in the news - but citing race as the reason seems like a real stretch.

eld6161 thanked maire_cate
  • blfenton
    last year

From the reading that I have done it sounds like this is a fact-finding mission to make sure that it isn't a race issue. It sounds like the lawyers are going to look for and look at whether or not there is a morality clause, do they both have one in their contracts or is it an ABC general employment expectation and how is it and any consequences defined. I assume they will also look for previous similar relationships at both ABC and within the entertainment news industry. They have hired separate lawyers.

eld6161 thanked blfenton
  • salonva
    last year

I am another who really had no clue who they were------except that I thought I remembered Amy's name and then google was my friend.

There are numerous links, and I was trying to find one without an agenda ( which is very difficult) to share. So maybe I'll link 2 or 3 and pick what you want to watch. I know it's not cut and dry, but what troubled me is that she had information and interviews about Jeffrey Epstein. They were not aired , and there are a variety of reasons and excuses offered. What really got me is that after the story blew up, she was mad not because of the garbage involved re sex traffic etc, but she was mad because she "could have" had the credit for the exposure but did not. So my problem is that she had this job as long as she did. I don't care about her romance

here's 1

here's 2

• Judi
    last year

Are you sure? They're still being announced as hosts on the third hour of GMA.

eld6161 thanked Judi
  • dedtired
    last year

What about Mika Brezinski and Joe Scarborough? She was married to aomeone else and Im not sure of his status at the time. Workplace romances are almost always trouble , even moreso when the parties are married.

eld6161 thanked dedtired
  • lily316
    last year

I like Amy and had never heard of TJ. They separated from their spouses in August and then were together. It's only rags like The Daily Mail who stalked them all the time and exposed them. If they are good journalists, they should remain. Who cares about their personal life? Not me.

eld6161 thanked lily316
  • eld6161
    Original Author
    last year

Lily, I'm thinking they started an affair before. Timing is everything.

And yes, Mika and Joe survived. He wasn’t attached but Inthink she was.

• Elmer J Fudd
    last year

I don't watch the morning shows and these two names aren't familiar to me. Are they prominent? Is this an instance of the media trying to make private matters public?

• lettersatoz
    last year

^They were both regular on-air members of the GMA panel and worked together a lot.

Mika and Joe were on a different network (I didn't know who they were but just looked them up), so while it may or may not be interesting that they remained employed (together?...again, don't know the situation all that well), it can't really be used as a basis for comparison to this situation since, different company = different rules. Now, if there were a recent similar situation in the ABC family of companies, I'm guessing we'd have heard about it by now.

eld6161 thanked lettersatoz
  • Eileen
    last year

I think it's important to know that TMZ is the source for the story that they have hired lawyers and are claiming it's because of race.

eld6161 thanked Eileen
  • Elmer J Fudd
    last year

Is anything about this truly "important"?

• Kathsgrdn
    last year

I don't watch tv so no idea who they are.

eld6161 thanked Kathsgrdn
  • gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    last year

" Is anything about this truly "important"? "

Not a damn thing!!

eld6161 thanked gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
  • Elizabeth
    last year

That's why the subject line says "Chit-Chat".

eld6161 thanked Elizabeth
  • rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    last year

It’s not only unimportant but not interesting. They are little known morning show personalities who should have tried harder to keep their affair on the back burner.

eld6161 thanked rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7