Driving me crazy vent
3 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (43)
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
Related Discussions
My daughter is driving me crazy
Comments (1)I know exactly what you mean & at this age; they should know better. I don't know what it is about this age group. My son is a few years younger; he's been on & off with a gal that is totally wrong for him; she's also very controlling & hates our family. This board looks dead; check out the Decorating conversations. You can make your post there; I bet you'd get a lot of feedback! lol I'll look for your post there & write more about my son when you do. lol Here is a link that might be useful: Decorating conversations...See MorePlease help! Wall ovens driving me crazy--Wolf, Miele, Dacor?
Comments (53)Take it from me what CR says about Thermador wall ovens is absolutely true. I have purchased two 30" C series Thermador ovens and am getting ready to replace the one that was existing in the home we purchased last year. Loved the way my Thermador's cooked, baked, and broiled but had to have them repaired. It seems there is insufficient insulation between the oven and the electric control panel and when you use the self clean, over time, it causes the control panel to fail. This is a minimum $1,000 repair. I live in Dallas and there is only ONE company in this area that will service Thermador ovens because Thermador service dept is so difficult to deal with. My regular service company which is efficient and costs are fair told me they stopped servicing Thermador ovens for that reason and three others I tried said the same thing. Both my Thermador ovens needed the control panel replaced within three years of purchasing and the one in our new home could not pass inspection and had to be repaired by the seller before we moved in - yep it was the panel and it cost them $1,200. They didn't cook and it was an older oven. The space we have for the wall oven is 27" and after looking and looking and doing research and reading here and other web sites with independent reviews by actual owners we have chosen the Miele Master Chef Classic Series which has the Novatronic controls which everyone seems to love. This choice was made in part because of the rotisserie feature which we do use quite a bit along with other features we liked and which were well reviewed. It was more expensive but we went with a straight Microwave which suites our needs and we chose the Electrolux Ei27MO45TS microwave which meets all our needs and was well reviewed. Went with the Miele warming drawer because of the match and the fact that it was the same price as most other warming drawers we were considering. We stack our ovens in an unusual way which we really like with the actual wall oven first, then the microwave, and then the warming drawer. It is logical to us because the heaviest items come out of the oven and having it at the top means no stooping and it's easier on the back. We usually only use the warming drawer when we entertain and to reheat leftovers which it does so much better than a microwave. Still trying to decide on which Fridge and Freezer columns to choose but that's another forum...See Morehelp me - my fr layout is driving me crazy
Comments (10)I realize this would mean moving the connections, but we did it in our house, and the cable company charge was minimal, and because they were able to go through the crawl space, it was not a big deal. I agree that the armoire and the mirror on the other side are both fighting with the fireplace for attention. I would be inclined to move the armoire to the wall where the console table and round mirror are now. That area isn't really great for much else, because you have the doorway to the outside right there, so your traffic pattern has to stay open. That wall is large enough to handle the armoire flat against it, without overwhelming the wall space. It is hard to play with layouts, because depth and size can be hard to judge in a flat picture. I have a couple of options once the tv is moved. The first would be to place the couch on a diagonal from the fireplace to the window wall. I am not crazy about the couch against that half wall - it feels kind of like looking a someone who has on an overcoat and shorts - you don't really know what behind the couch because it is completely hidden, and takes away from the interest that the half-wall creates. Coffee table in front of the couch, and a great floor lamp behind it. The demilune cabinet might be nice on the wall to the right of the fireplace, with an art grouping over it and a small lamp. I would then put the two matching chairs on the half wall with a table between them and a lamp. The beige chair and ottoman could then be angled with the back of the chair to the corner where the small demilune cabinet is now. Move the console table and the arched mirror to the wall to the left of the doorway at the end of the room opposite the fireplace, which will balance the armoire on the other side. I did think about the option of filling in the half wall, and honestly I think that would be a great place for the tv. But that becomes a much more expensive alternative. What you could do there, rather than filling it in with a wall, is to put in a grid that creates a feeling of a window matching the opposite wall of windows. Putting the armoire up against that would work, as it would break up the view of the back of the armoire. One other alternative, tho I don't know how viable it is, would be to buy a flatscreen tv and have a lift installed in that half-wall, so that you could bring the tv up to watch when desired, and then lower it the rest of the time. Then the armoire could still go on that end wall, but the placement of the furniture in the room wouldn't have to be in relation to the piece. Once you rearrange the room, you may want to turn the rug 90 degrees to match the furniture layout. It is a lovely home - enjoy it, and don't let it drive you too crazy....See MoreTree is coming down soon & the bare will will drive me crazy
Comments (15)Bumblebeez - the vent is actually the wall color as of about 4 days ago. We had to replace the vent a few weeks ago & hadn't gotten to painting it yet, but it was on DH's to-do list for his vacation. :) sasafras - nothing, it was a space I had put on the back burner. Actually that's not true, I have a (small) antique trunk that I had pushed there to get it out of the way. :O cearbhail - floating, or anchored over a piece of furniture? (Art that I like is hard to come by - it may be a stretch to find a whole wall's worth but I'm certainly willing to try) runninginplace - we had considered having our cabinet maker create a bookcase (not built-in though) that would match the cabinetry. I recently gave away most of my paper books (we're an e-reader family), but we have other things we could display in it. I wondered, though, since a bookshelf is going to be solid, and that back wall has that apothecary chest (with the lamp on it), and the sofa parallel to the archway has a sofa table, is it going to be like walking into "table, table, table" and seem too - tabley. :) farmchic - interesting. I have displayed antique kilims on the wall but never a quilt. I like the bench idea, though - hadn't thought of that. As for function of the space - I really don't have a desired function for it right now. I may not need it to be functional (I feel like I just broke a law!), I may just need it to be - inviting. The dining room is an office while our basement is being finished - it should be finished around summer (we're our own GCs). Once it's finished we will most likely use the dining room as a -- who knows what, sort of hybrid sitting/reading/relaxing room (with no TV). The basement will have a "home theater" room and a game area, wet bar, office, storage, full bath, and a bedroom/bonus room with walkout access. Let me see if I can get a wider angle pic that shows the sofa table. I'd really like all of your input on whether or not I'm "room full of tables" if I do something like a console table, game table, or even the bookcase. This morning DH suggested one of those ladder-style open/leaning bookshelves. Which he has mentioned before. So I should also say that we have a very rambunctious 4 y/o! :)...See More- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years agolast modified: 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
- 3 years ago
Related Stories

HOUZZ CALLWhat Bad Habit Is Driving You Absolutely Nuts at Home?
You may be noticing some unfortunate behaviors in the people you are sheltering in place with. Share your struggles!
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGN5 Mistakes We Make That Drive Kids Out of the Kitchen
To foster family time and culinary competence, here’s what we can do instead
Full Story
COFFEE WITH AN ARCHITECTMike Brady Lied to Me
Why "The Brady Bunch" is a terrible guide for the architectural profession
Full Story
FARM YOUR YARD14 Crazy Places to Grow Edibles
Some Houzzers may lack ground for gardening, but they’re never short on imagination
Full Story
ARCHITECTUREThe Hidden Factors Driving Your Home's Design
Before you can talk aesthetics on a new build or remodel, you've got to open the floor to rules and requirements
Full Story
MIDCENTURY STYLERoom of the Day: A 1950s Diner and ‘Drive-In’ Theater at Home
A Michigan couple go for all-out nostalgia in their basement with an entertainment zone for food and flicks
Full Story
LIFEThe Polite House: Do I Have to Display Decor Given to Me as a Gift?
Etiquette columnist Lizzie Post tackles the challenge of accepting and displaying home decor gifts from frequent visitors
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPINGWhat's That Sound? 9 Home Noises and How to Fix Them
Bumps and thumps might be driving you crazy, but they also might mean big trouble. We give you the lowdown and which pro to call for help
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNA Cook’s 6 Tips for Buying Kitchen Appliances
An avid home chef answers tricky questions about choosing the right oven, stovetop, vent hood and more
Full Story

carolb_w_fl_coastal_9/10