SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
houseofwindsor2

Panasonic Whisper Quiet .3 Sones fan installed - not very quiet.

Hello,

Prior to getting a ceiling fan for the master bath I researched fans and was recommended to get Panasonic Whisper Quiet . At 80 CFM (it also has 110 as an option) it is rated .3 sones. I also have a fan rated above 1 sones above the shower (light/fan combo by Braun). Initially I knew something was wrong because the Whisper Quiet was much louder than the Braun. The electrician said it was like other 80 CFM fans - but this was rated .3 sones so not like other 80 CFM. The owner took a look and said damper was stuck and now fixed. It is significantly quieter now but about the same as the Braun. Someone told me they forget when their Whisper Quiet is on.

What do I do? Panasonic suggests the following: separate the fan from the ductwork (either at the duct collar, or if that is not accessible, drop the fan motor assembly from the housing); if the fan is quiet without the duct, the problem is static pressure.

Does anyone out there have a Panasonic Whisper Quiet and if so, is it super quiet? If you are a professional, any recommendations?

Thanks very much for any help you can provide!

Comments (4)