SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_67303639

Wall to wall double doors in a narrow hallway??

Richard Tani
last year

I'm faced with a bit of a conundrum regarding what to do at the end of a hallway. It's just under 36 wide. There were previously cabinets here. They were so deep as to be essentially unusable and they looked awful. I'd like to make this into as large a closet or pantry as possible, but I'm unsure how to best accomplish this. There's an adjacent bathroom I just finished in which I moved the door (outswing) as far as possible to accommodate more usable storage space here, but it's still not great. I've been staring at this space with indecisiveness for far too long and need to pull the trigger. I've been tossing around ideas like double pivot doors with no side jambs which would get me a reasonably deep closet and a wide opening without any doors interfering. I'm starting to wonder though if I should even worry about interfering doors, since it's just a closet. I could just deal with the interference and get the most practical storage space by setting a normal outswing just over a casing width back from the bathroom door. I could have full size casings on both doors so it would also look the most appropriate with the doors closed. What do you all the think? I HATE interfering doors, but maybe it's not so bad here. I'd love some feedback!

Comment (1)