SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lucillle

Multi dog homes

lucillle
last year

Dogs are so different from one another, each has their own personality and preferences, just like people. Duchess my chihuahua is wonderful. She is a working dog, helping me with my poor hearing- she will bark a few times if stuff is delivered outside my door, or even if someone walks past my door, but she only barks a few times and is not a yapper.

She is a lap dog and loves to watch TV. In the past prior to Clementine I had tried to do some training from time to time but she would look at me like 'Yeah, right" when I asked her to sit.

But dogs I am convinced, learn from each other. Clementine, the new Lab pup, is SO smart especially if treats are involved. She learned to sit in a very small amount of time (and is learning other things). Duchess had refused to sit for a treat most of the time, but as soon as she saw Clementine eating her treats suddenly she too would sit when asked.

Clementine too has learned to let loose with a few woofs when someone comes to the door, and is now taking her place on the sofa to watch TV just like Duchess.

As Aristotle said, the whole dog family is greater than the sum of its parts.

Comments (5)