SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
salonva

"alexa- give a $5 tip to Certain delivery drivers "

salonva
last year

Apparently if you use alexa you can give your most recent delivery driver a $5 tip. According to what I've read, this is good until $1million is given out.

You just have to say "Alexa, thank my driver" or "Alexa, tell my driver thank you" using your Echo device or Alexa on the Alexa App and Amazing App on your smartphone to thank your driver for the most recent delivery made in the last 14 days.

The $5 promotion will end after 1 million "thank yous" are received. You will still be able to thank your driver using Alexa and we will share your appreciation with our delivery partners.

Comments (24)

• salonva
    Original Author
    last year

and to be clear, this is $5 coming from the A river company, not from the customer pocket. It's a nice perk. I 'm going to try it later.

• teeda
    last year

Nice. Thanks for sharing this!

salonva thanked teeda
  • nicole___
    last year

I'll try it! 💘

salonva thanked nicole___
  • salonva
    Original Author
    last year

it;s hard sharing links and info without mentioning the Amzing site, but here goes. I don't have alexa, but for sure use A a lot and get many deliveires so I am going to try it this way from the app on my phone.

You can say “Alexa, thank my driver” or “Alexa, tell my driver thank you” using your Echo device or Alexa on the Alexa App and Amazing App on your smartphone to thank your driver for the most recent delivery made in the last 14 days."

Ok I feel pretty dumb now, I tried to do it from my ama app on my phone, and I can't seem to see where I can do it. If I search for alexa ?

• maddielee
    last year

I just tipped my driver! ( Delivery was 2 days ago, I have Alexa.) Thank you.

salonva thanked maddielee
  • Bunny
    last year
    last modified: last year

"Alexa, thank my driver" or "Alexa, tell my driver thank you"

I just did this. Thanks, salonva! BTW, the first "command" worked. The second, she gave me info about getting a driver's license.

salonva thanked Bunny
  • Irish2
    last year

Just tried this ”Alexa, thank my driver” and it was a go. Thanks, salonva for sharing this.

salonva thanked Irish2
  • mtnrdredux_gw
    last year

To be clear, your driver may or may not get a tip. It applies to the first 1,000,000 messages, so not sure if they have reached that yet. Still a cool idea. I did a few days ago when prompted.

We talk to Alexa a few times a day. Mostly weather, timer, time, quick calculations.

salonva thanked mtnrdredux_gw
  • chisue
    last year

What's the purpose of this offer? Are we being trained to tip delivery people? (Just when the push is on to have restaurants pay wait people a living wage and eliminate tipping.)

salonva thanked chisue
  • mtnrdredux_gw
    last year

I see it as just PR. I would have to sit at my window like a cat watching birds if I wanted to tip my drivers ... never see them. I do not think that is the intent at all. Amazon would never choose to add friction to the process. They keep making it easier. No more re-boxing, taping up, printing labels etc. ... it is so easy to return stuff now.

salonva thanked mtnrdredux_gw
  • maddielee
    last year

Of course its PR.

Amazon is being investigated because they are alledged to have been withholding tips for the delivery people.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-12-07/amazon-sued-by-dc-ag-for-stealing-delivery-driver-tips

salonva thanked maddielee
  • Irish2
    last year

Mtn, thats what we ask Alexa too.

I did ask her to ”play classical Christmas music this morning” while enjoying my coffee @ 6am

salonva thanked Irish2
  • Jasdip
    last year

Mtn... No more re-boxing, taping up, printing labels etc. ... it is so easy to return stuff now.

How are returns done now?? I seldom use A so I have no idea.

salonva thanked Jasdip
  • salonva
    Original Author
    last year

ok I was just able to do it. I have android, so when I opened the Am app, I saw the microphone and I clicked on that, and said "alexa please thank my delvery driver". Alexa replied - yay.

I think it's a nice publicity thing- win win in my book. I do find the deliveries are all done with care and I always provide positive feedback.

I think it's a nice gesture and I take it at that.

• maifleur03
    last year

I have to find this interesting because in the past when I was in the yard doing something and have attempted to tip mostly by leaving money in an envelope where it is easily picked up the drivers have told me they could not take it. I stopped doing it for Amazon delivery's.

salonva thanked maifleur03
  • salonva
    Original Author
    last year

I'm not sure, but I think they might have reached their quota. As I mentioned, I was able to do this the other day. Today we tried doing it from DH' s phone. We do have a shared account but separate log ins and separate history. When we did it, it just said " I'm glad you enjoyed your delivery".

oh well. It's still a nice thing

• Bunny
    last year

Just yesterday I got an A delivery to my front door. I was in the LR, steps away, and I had no idea until I was routinely checking my email. I'm surprised how quiet they can be.

I'm always telling Alexa to add something to my shopping list, and she often reminds me that I've already added that item.

salonva thanked Bunny
  • Tina Marie
    last year

Amazon has great customer service. For a return I get a QR code sent to me and then just drop it at a UPS store. I recently had an item that needed to be returned through USPS and Amazon sent me a free mailing label.

I read this morning that the thank you tip number has been met. We rarely use our Alexa.

salonva thanked Tina Marie
  • Bunny
    last year

Amzn returns are a breeze. I used to drop them off at my UPS store (easy) and now I drop them off at WF (easier) where I shop a couple of times a week anyway. Today I shall return an instant-read food thermometer, not because it doesn't work, but the current one I have is 1 second slower and cost 1/3 of the new one. Sometimes you want something, but you really don't need it.

salonva thanked Bunny
  • Alisande
    last year

Nice idea, but would it work if the delivery person is a UPS driver? A USPS driver? I doubt it. We don't have Amazon drivers here.

• sheesh
    last year

Yes, Alisande, it works for the last driver. six minutes ago i asked Alexa to thank my driver. She replied that she would thank my UPS driver, and thanked me for my thank you.

salonva thanked sheesh
  • sheesh
    last year

We love Alexa. Like Bunny, I use her for reminders, shopping lists, timers, music, turning on and off the lights, etc. She’s great! We refer to her as ”The Entity.”

salonva thanked sheesh
  • Bunny
    last year

We call her "the A-word." She imagines people on tv are talking to her.

salonva thanked Bunny