SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_266874799

Help picking out a color.

Looking for a light color for my bedroom and bathroom. i want bright white but my husband doesn’t. Help would be appreciated.

Comments (94)

• Sharon Levandowski
    Original Author
    last year

Tile edges are dark brown

• kl23
    last year

I'm glad you said you don't like turquoise. I regretted it as soon as I said it. I prefer the soft blue in your paintings. I am looking forward to seeing the other paintings.

Glad you like the idea of adding a few shiny things to the room. They can be fun.

Sharon Levandowski thanked kl23
  • Related Discussions

I need help picking out paint colors for one story house

Q

Comments (6)
    Thank you all for the suggestions! We plan to tackle the carpeted area, just looking for flooring to match the rest of the house. It is right by the front door, but the section was odd and the color was a light beige. Also, new backsplash and countertops will be added to the kitchen so thanks for pointing that out! I plant to remove that mantle and paint the brick around the fireplace. Thanks for the suggestions. I will definitely post pictures along the way.
    ...See More

Need help picking out Paint Colors for my little cottage :)

Q

Comments (1)
    Photos?
    ...See More

Help pick out paint colors for exterior siding and trim

Q

Comments (0)
    We plan to paint the exterior siding, trim, and garage door of our house soon and need help choosing a color scheme that works well with our brick and new black windows. I am open to painting or staining the brick to create a uniform look, but my husband is a hard no on touching the brick at all. As you can see, we're growing ivy on most of the front brick anyway. We initially thought white siding with a dark brown or charcoal for the trim and garage door would work well, but I'm worried the house will end up looking dated and busy. Should we go with a dark siding and even darker trim, or use the same color for siding, trim, & garage door? Too many choices. Help!
    ...See More

help picking out paint color for living room

Q

Comments (0)
    Hi, We will be moving into our new house in a couple of möbius and am trying to figure out paint colors. I think the majority of the house besides bedrooms will be agreeable grey but was thinking of doing the formal living room repose gray. Do you think it will go with this brick and white fireplace or have any color suggestions? Thank you
    ...See More
  • Sharon Levandowski
    Original Author
    last year

Floor tile is darker than the ceiling.

• Sharon Levandowski
    Original Author
    last year

Not sure about a rug. But can if needed.

• kl23
    last year

I'm not pushing a rug. I was just asking. That just means having a color in the draperies is even more important. If you are set on neutral draperies, what do you think of adding a beautiful French blue beaded border to them and having black iron hardware including pull-backs?

• Sharon Levandowski
    Original Author
    last year

Had to look up Charteuse : yellow green

• Sharon Levandowski
    Original Author
    last year

possible Charteuse and or Turquise. I take it no on Royal Blue or bright blue !

• kl23
    last year

• Sharon Levandowski
    Original Author
    last year

K L THANK YOU so much !! Will look for yiur answers when you have the time. Thx. again !! Happy Holidays

• kl23
    last year

Yeah, it's late for me. Enjoy spending time with the grandkids! Happy Holidays!

• kl23
    last year

Oh I didn't mean to discourage you on royal blue. I just shifted to a lighter royal blue because of your artwork, but I love blue. I was just tossing ideas with chartreuse and turquoise to find out what you like. Let's go with the French blue AND royal blue. Do you have a particular bedspread in mind?

• Sharon Levandowski thanked kl23
  • kl23
    last year

I wanted to share the Wayfair bedding because it combined French blue, indigo, beige and brown....like your room. I would put white sheets with it though

• kl23
    last year

Couple of overnight thoughts: you have options for seating to get dressed. Which would work best for you and your husband? A bench at the end of the bed perhaps with storage, but that is secondary? A pair of chairs? A single chair? These are opportunities to add blues, reflectance, and maybe some non-wood brown/beige blend (perhaps just the right wicker/rattan in the chairs or a little table between them). 

Second thought: I like to make the bed the focus of the room. Aside from colorful bedding, another way to do that is with draperies hung behind the headboard. Also wall sconces or table lamps can help. Just wondering what you thought. If it's a new concept, maybe we can look at some pictures.

• cat_ky
    last year

The color in your painting appears to be a turquoise color. I would find a paint chart with that color in it, and take it with you when you go shopping. I think you also do need a couple of throw rugs. White rooms, need punches of a brighter color.

Sharon Levandowski thanked cat_ky
  • kl23
    last year

So I am guessing you prefer a bedspread or duvet to a comforter for ease of cleaning with your dog. And I am guessing that you would want a smooth surface rather than a textured surface that would catch hair. Just guessing but I had cats once. And you previously had a bead spread in there, so I am just looking for nice quality bedspreads. Let's look at possibilities for royal blue, bright blue, cobalt, French blue opportunities. Well, there's the bedspread, pattern and trim on the bedspread, a box spring cover, sheets, pillow cases additional pillows (how do you feel about decorative pillows?), a possible bench at end of bed, possible draperies behind bed, maybe lamps or sconces. Don't try to choose, just look around with these things in mind. One of them will jump out at you first, and you can go from there, even before buying, in case something else steals your heart... Besides your husband and dog that is...

• kl23
    last year

What do you think about a "fandelier" ?

• kl23
    last year

Ooo.... Instead of draperies behind the bed, how about a tapestry? Like this but in a blue pattern that picks up all your colors (white, brown, beige) note the dust ruffle (yours could be dark blue which you mentioned for a bedspread).

Enchanted Oaks · More Info

• Sharon Levandowski thanked kl23
  • PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    last year

Ivory would work

Sharon Levandowski thanked Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
  • PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    last year
    last modified: last year

Or some neutral greige, warm gray/taupe

Sharon Levandowski thanked Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
  • kl23
    last year

I've been thinking about bedding and was studying the pictures of beds in Houzz to see where we could bring in some pattern if needed. I realized something, and maybe you would be interested in trying it before deciding on bedding. Houzz people don't make beds like I learned to! They don't make beds the way I see in hotels! They don't make beds the way bedding advertisers show! Whaaaaaaat? So I did some googling. Read this (sorry about the light grey print; think it's an anti-boomer thing): https://www.zdesignathome.com/6-easy-steps-for-making-a-beautiful-bed/

I'm going to try it on my bed this morning. It will show off the contrasting colors of my bedding.  Maybe you could try it too and see if you think it would work for you. Not sure it will if your dog rests there in the day, but you can decide on a variation that works with him/her too.

• kl23
    last year

By the way, the seating. I realize I may have left you thinking I was suggesting a pair of chairs at the door of your bed. While I have seen a pair of ottomans or stools there instead of a bench, I was thinking you might like a pair of chairs near your window. I find armless works best for putting on shoes and socks. A little ottoman and/or stool between could help with putting a foot up as we age. A little night stand could store some foot cream to put on before socks. Practicalities are top priority, right? And the night stand could also rest a cup of some beverage. You have a beautiful view out that window from what I could see reflected. Maybe you watch hummingbirds in the morning.

• Sharon Levandowski
    Original Author
    last year

KL THANK YOU!! your the sweetest! i will post pictures soon. Went simplistic !

Just so happy to have calm and relaxing feeling. Again thanks for all your help and kindness.

• PRO
    lisedv
    last year

Here are my visual suggestions for your bedroom and ensuite bathroom. In your photos the floor ties in the bathroom look more beige than the ones in the bedroom so I show warm white walls in the bathromm and greige ones in the bedroom. All trim and doors are white.

Sharon Levandowski thanked lisedv
  • kl23
    last year

Hi Sharon. Welcome back! I missed you! Happy New Year!

• Sharon Levandowski
    Original Author
    last year

Happy New Year K L !!! Yes my husband had to have a hernia repair so it’s been crazy but all good now!! 🙏

• kl23
    last year

Awwww..... Poor hubby. I hope all heals well.

• Sharon Levandowski
    Original Author
    last year

K L I know it’s not exactly what I wanted to do but didn’t have much time and with the Holidays didn’t want to spend the $. Your help was so appreciated!! I loved your idea of beads on the drapes and wall hanging behind my bed and am going to for sure look for hanging behind my bed. And add a new white fan. Also new lamps when I have more time to look. I also want a nice throw at the end of bed. Pictures aren’t the best it’s been such a overcast day. Also not the best at taking photos!! LOL! But I just love how the bright white flows and hue of blue. The chair is so comfortable!

• Sharon Levandowski
    Original Author
    last year

One more !

• Sharon Levandowski
    Original Author
    last year

One more!

• Sharon Levandowski
    Original Author
    last year

Lisedv Thank You! What you did looks nice.

• Sharon Levandowski
    Original Author
    last year

K L let me know what you think. I can always make changes. We have three bathrooms.

• Sharon Levandowski
    Original Author
    last year

I found a ceiling fan / light that I like I’ll try to post a picture of it.

• Sharon Levandowski
    Original Author
    last year

Two more ! What do you think of this fan? I have to have air circulation when sleeping so it’s a must. Won’t just put a ceiling light.

• Sharon Levandowski
    Original Author
    last year

I just ordered this light for above the chair to hang. I was in Turkey this past May and fell in love with these lights. Found one on Amazon. Please let me know what you think. I love your honesty and I know we all have what we like and don’t. I also can make changes if need be. I’m going to try to do whole house this year so I can move to another area if need be. Also the fan I would really like to know if I should purchase or not. But I definitely need a ceiling fan and light. Thanks K L . You have been a big help to me! Let me know about my gallery wall art. If it’s to much can always take away from. I have to say I like it though.

• kl23
    last year

Oh, wow! I am blown away!!!!! You made the room so cool and bright and. I don't have the words. And that light you found on Amazon. I'm going to try to find it too. I just love it all!

• kl23
    last year

I love the gallery you made. I love the drapes, the rugs, the cohesiveness, the balance, that light! That is the wildest fan! What is the size?

• kl23
    last year

You are amazing!

• kl23
    last year

I do love seeing what you did that I hope you post about your other rooms. I want to watch the magic happen!

• Sharon Levandowski
    Original Author
    last year

K L I loved reading your post’s. The light is so cool right. I’ll try to send you the link. Fan is 37 width i believe. I will maybe order it tomorrow. Again thank you for your help. I appreciated your time. Will try to share.

• Sharon Levandowski
    Original Author
    last year

• kl23
    last year

Sharon, can you also please try to send a link to that amazing fan?

• kl23
    last year

OK, I found the fan using "lens" on your photo. "The world is so full of a number of things, I'm sure we should all feel as happy as kings."

• kl23
    last year

Sharon, any more progress? Also, I've been waiting for your post on your dining room.

• Sharon Levandowski
    Original Author
    last year

Hi K L

Have been so busy !! Husband is healed and doing well but still has to lay low. I just got back from a week in Florida for my Family reunion. Covid got me! Im not feeling well and going to take it easy. Haven’t had time to think about decorating. LOL! I ’m really in no hurry.

Hope all is excellent for you. I did change out the rug and chandiier and paintings in my dining room. Will try to send a picture. ok take care.

• kl23
    last year

Sorry you got covid. I hear it's awful.

You can cheer me on too:

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/6196804/new-bathroom-on-main-floor

• Sharon Levandowski
    Original Author
    last year

Hi K L

YES will deffinitly when I’m up to it. Thanks 😊

• kl23
    last year

I just realized, you may have got COVID, but at least you got to have it in your new beautifully decorated room. :-) I am still amazed at the transformation you made with color. From nice but all warm and mid-tone to exciting by adding some contrast and coolness but not going all cool, which is a mistake I see a lot.