SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marcimitchell

Wall color for timber frame home

Marci Mitchell
last year
last modified: last year

We are renovating our mountain home. i am painting all the trim and doors SW Alabaster. before i get grief for covering the wood, many of the windows have water damage and stains and the doors are a strange white wash affect that doesn’t go with anything. Easiest answer is paint for those places. I will be leaving the pine posts, beams, and ceilings as is. we think they were originally treated with a white stain so they have stayed pretty light and not gone orange. The oak floors are being refinished a little darker, maybe a spice stain, not real dark., just not the current winter white. so I’m struggling with the wall color for the living room, foyer (both 2+ stories stories) and dinning room which are all connected. I do not want the current SCREAMING green. One choice is SW Accessible Beige , hubby thinks that blends with the wood. Or maybe SW Austere Gray which has some green but more muted and might make the wood pop more. it is southern facing with lots of windows and light (won’t mention the beautiful views😉). Despite the light i don’t want to go darker and I’m not adventurous with color.

Anyone have some thoughts

Comments (20)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH