SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
munger1

ebay lux liquidator selling unused floor model La Cornue Chateau 150

munger1
last year

Greetings! Before I get too excited about purchasing this La Cornue Chateau 150 in the color I want and the hob configuration I want for a reduced price.... what questions do I need to ask?

This is a 2019 or more recent Chateau 150 due to the smooth top induction element and all the noticeable G4 improvements.

Will La Cornue HQ help me with information if I provide the range's serial number to them? Does the La Cornue warranty really begin at Installation... even if it's been sitting in a liquidation warehouse for a couple years? Supposedly it was at a kitchen design store somewhere in South Florida then it was acquired by this ebay seller who took several photos of it and yes, it looks new and unused. What if it is not fully functional? If I buy it - the range will not be installed for at least a year or two anyway. I will store it in my house during that time but how do I function test it - better yet who can I professionally trust to function test it? These are our immediate questions but what else are we missing? Yes, my wife and I will set our eyes on it prior to purchasing. The warehouse is two hours drive from our house.

Thank you!

Comments (5)

• HU-892433804
    last year

• HU-892433804
    last year

The range which is the subject of this discussion is attached.

• Kate
    last year

That’s a beauty!

• HU-892433804
    last year

Yes, it is a safe color/trim combination depending entirely on its architectural design for beauty.

• PRO
    THE FRENCH BARN - Lacanche Canada
    last year

The only way to reliably test it is to connect it, gas and electrical, and run all the elements.

Other than the induction module, everything else is fairly basic in technical terms (similar to Lacanche). Depending on your location, the hardest part might be finding someone to work on it. I would find out who can service it locally, call them to make sure that they can indeed do it, and set aside a small "emergency fund" in case something happens.

If the range is recent like you say, parts availability shouldn't be a problem.

Best of luck!